Friday, March 6, 2009

The End of "O"

Today in class we finished "O", I must admit that I was shocked and really didn't like the ending of the movie. I really liked the ending in Othello when they all died on the same bed and in "O" they all died in different places. The end of Othello made the characters seem very connected and left the reader/watcher with a very distinct impression of the story. Another thing that bothers me about "O" is that Hugo gets off free, he just goes to jail instead of dying like he did in Othello. One thing that I noticed about "O" is that Hugo kind of seemed to know that the plan was not going to work, when he got caught he didn't even fight or break down. Also in the end he says something about how he has all the attention now like he wanted. It makes it seem that he knew that his plan wasn't going to work, like he wanted to get caught so that his father and the rest of the town would finally pay attention to him. The plan in "O" also bothers me, there is no way that they would not get caught I mean almost every character touched the gun which means it had their fingerprints and Odin also touched Mike's glass with his bare hands which means that his fingerprints were on there too. I just think it is ridiculous that they would even think that their plan was going to work. One aspect I did like about "O" is that contrast between the white dove and the hawk in which I think plays on racial cues and the difference between Hugo and Iago. In general I like the movie, but I do not think that it is very realistic, especially the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment