Friday, April 3, 2009

What's In a Name

Yesterday in class we talked about people's names and if the person makes the name or the name makes the person. I believe that a person shapes the name, I know about 20 different Lauren's and all of them are different. I believe there are stereotypes for certain names, but that does not mean that the person with that name must live up to that stereotype. Since my name is highly unusual I get stereotyped a lot just from my name. Many people think that I am from a foreign Country just because of my name. They also do not expect me to be white a lot of the time, which is not a bad thing. I like my name and I would not change it no matter what.

Find out with your name means: (not actually factual, but fun)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that your sister named you...I think that is an AMAZING connection! it is something unique and meaningful, and exactly like you said, an identity you can make all your own...

    good blog!
    j

    ReplyDelete